PowerESIM is a eCAD tool for switching power supplies on the Internet. Web Based Switching Power Supply design and Simulation.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Interactive Power Electronics Seminar
Power Electronics Circuit Simulation
Applets to See - are the simple Buck-converter and the Rotating Three-Dimensional Field
More pages of Compulsory Reading for Students
- Part I - An Overview of AC/AC-Converter Topologies
- iPES-Circuits - DC/DC converters, thyristor converter, AC/DC inverter.
- iPES-Circuits+ - Power electronic systems of higher complexity in industry.
- iPES-Thermal - Dimensioning and operation of power electronic converters
- iPES-EMFields - Electrostatic, magnetic fields, permeability, inductor design.
- iPES-AET - Operational Amplifier - Applications.
Power Electronics Simulation -Specialized Software to meet demands of Power Electronics Engineers. Gecko-Research is engaged in numerical simulations of circuits, control, 3D-thermal, electromagnetics, reliability issues and system optimization.
WEBENCH Power Designer and Architect
Power Designer - Expert Tips and Techniques for Power Supply Design. Examples - Simple Switcher, Power Supply, Voltage References, Lighting, Battery Management, Voltage Regulators, DC-DC Voltage Converters.
WEBENCH Power Architect lets engineers quickly design and simulate a complete power supply system for any number of supplies and outputs. System designers can optimize the entire power supply system for small footprint, high efficiency, and cost in minutes.
- Quickly design and simulate your entire power supply system
- Easily configure the power supply load requirements for voltage and current
- Optimize the overall footprint, efficiency, and BOM cost for the entire system
- Get the schematic and BOM for the complete power supply system
- Perform electrical simulation and thermal simulation
Thursday, January 08, 2009
MIPAQ is a brandnew functional product family within Infineon's IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) modules portfolio and as such dedicated to useful integration of electronics to power modules
The MIPAQ IGBT modules family counts 3 members with different levels of electronics integration/
One of the ﬁrst family members is MIPAQ sense which integrates an IGBT sixpack, and fully digital current measurement with galvanically insulated output signals. The measurement principle uses the Sigma Delta method.
Current ratings of 50A, 75A and 100A are available.
- PIM & PACK conﬁgurations
- Integrated special shunt
- RoHs compliant
- Integrated Sigma/Delta converter for current measurement
- NTC included
- 50A, 75A, 100A (PACK)
- 50 A (PIM)
Infineon Technologies - Produces devices for applications including memory, power, microcontrollers, communications, and consumer products.